THE E A S T DISTRICT


Values Of East :
1) Work hard & Play hard
2) Live like a family, serve as an army
3) Leadership is key
Leadership = Ownership = Completion

Follow EAST!

Leave a Message


East Day

Sunday, December 7, 2008Â Â 10:24 PM

EAST DAY AFTERMATH
PART ONE: PHOTOS




















*for higher resolution/nicer looking photos/hardcopy, get it from me (:
-teh.




The game is as follows...we had 4 stations and 1 mega challenge, 12 teams of all shapes and sizes.. not forgetting our 3 lovely game masters...bingliang, yanyu and yiqin..

we set off after the briefing at ps MRT basement, all excited to win and screams can be heard from ALL gender! If noise pollution can be fine, i think we will be heavily indebt! hahaanyhows, at the stations...

Station 1--> Carrefour Challenge, each team are to 'photo-purchase' 15-20 items which amounts to $324.94. Items must contain at least 1 household item, 1 clothing and 1 electronic appliance. These items are purchased through the snapping of your hi-tech phone, we call it a photo shopping session. =) As huge as Carrefour is, our people could still fill the entire area as they comb for the items. The moment they reached the closest possible $324.94, they rushed to the cashier counters where the gamemasters, yiqin and bingliang were. I feel so sorry for them having to keep their cool as they scan thru ur items frantically. They were practically overwhelmed. They are like cashiers at the counters collecting payments from Singaporeans who don't queue. hurhur.

The first to complete this challenge was Carinna's team. They had an amount of $324.75, not as exact as the other teams, but was able to meet all the criterias in the shortest possible time. Well done Carinna and her team! A very good start, surely!

After the photoshopping session, they proceed to...


Station 2 --> The Cathay, to count how many tv screens are there at the highest floor.This was relatively easy for all the teams, I hope. Honestly, how many tvs are there? I am not sure. haha. oh well.. that's not the point. it was just a breather before the real challenge comes.

Once again, with the competitive nature, they searched high and low for the next game master, yanyu."I was shocked and totally terrorised," said the bunny, "they surrounded me the moment I came out of the toilet." SCARY! I wouldn't want to guess which team.

She then issued the challenge...


Station 3--> Do or Dare, each team is suppose to choose if they wanted to tie their legs together to move about till the end of the game, or to get 3 groups of adults to do chicken dance with them and film it down. >.< What a dilemma! haha.

From what I heard, only Sirui's team tried to use the strings to tie their legs, but in the end, still decided to do the chicken dance! Well, u made the right choice! ha! anyways, many teams revived at this station, some managed to crawl out of the bottom while others sunk deeply. Truly, Carinna's team suffered a feat in this. They were the champions of the first station but due to some issues faced (not sure if it is fear, face or simply not feeling it), they were the last few who left this station.

After that, they were given their next clue, a riddle.

I'm a queen residing at the basement in the city
A milky scoop of me only worth cents 90
Take a picture with me as one
Develop it fast, it is gonna be fun!
-Gwen

Special thanks to Gwen who came out with this riddle, such a brilliant clue! u rock! =) For all those non-literature persons, it is really not that hard to guess actually but well..as you proved me wrong, MOE needs to re-look into their syllabus. ha! However, they are obviously people who got it quickly and as such had fun eating the ice cream at takashimaya (ngee ann city) while the rest saunder on the streets. Receiving heaps of calls from all the team leaders, it somehow signifies they completed that station.

Directing them to the next destination, they were told to reach SMU Admin Block, beside NTUC income, in the shortest possible time in any mode of transport. xD

There was supposed to be one more station but because of the lack of time, we deleted it but I will still say it anyway. It is to dress up the youngest person in your team in the most auntish or uncle-ish clothes from This Fashion outlet situated at Mac Donald house. Then, translating it into an advertisement for This Fashion. I thought this is gonna be fun but well.. there is always a next time! ha!


So the first 5 teams arrived promptly after the call. The first came in at 6.22pm (Cher's) and the second 6.23pm (Sirui's). 1 minute makes a whole load of difference in this case, champion vs runner-up. Then it was Jessica's team at 6.39pm and a tie for both the 4th and the 5th, Misha's and Aloysious's. So here are your top 5 teams participating in the mega challenge. As they take their rest in 7-11, the remaining teams streamed towards the ending point in hope to not be the last. Following, both Alfonso's and Winstar's team tied as well.

And our dearest yanyu who announced their position is really witty in this.. "You guys are the 1st two teams who are not taking part in the mega challenge."

Not hearing in totality, they screamed for joy thinking they were the first to complete the race! haha! xD we have to calm them down and speak laymen's term. " Basically, you are the 6th and 7th team, not the 1st." haha. That scene was really funny. Truly, honestly, hillarious! As disappointed as they were, they went to buy food and drinks to chill while waiting for the remaining teams. Right, so here is the finale... everyone reached except Jeslin's team. We were all waiting as they hid near 7-11. The wait was too long thus we called them and tried to cheer them on. However, I think both yanyu and I had some chemistry while she was talking to Jeslin on the phone, we tricked them saying they weren't really the last team, it was totally unplanned. I mean come on, only the last few teams receive calls asking where your team is, so.. we decided to be nicer.. =) anyways.. this is the best ending... we gathered the remaining team to run from the other direction to stage the show of Jeslin's team not being the last. As excited her team was, they ran towards us and screamed, " We are earlier than them, we are first, we are not the last!"Oops! I did it again, I laughed at them and they realised the entire east was there instead so.. you know how it ended.

Oh well, like i said, we had fun, 3 cheers for all of you! =) haha.


We ended with the mega challenge where we get the first 5 teams to gulp the giant slurpee! Each team has only 2 straws. Again, the fastest team wins. I must salute Misha's team. Despite being the smallest in number of participants, they emerged champion! woots! haha. the other teams had 5 to 6 contestants, they only have 4. It is surely fun to see how their facial expressions were gulping the slurpee coupled with the brain freeze! haha. If you remember, Jessica's constipated face is still vividly in my memory! haha!


Hope this works well to capture the essence of the east day! We are one family, we do not only serve God hard, we play hard as well.
May this bless you!


- written by jacq

Archives

June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | December 2007 | February 2008 | March 2008 | May 2008 | June 2008 | July 2008 | August 2008 | September 2008 | October 2008 | November 2008 | December 2008 | January 2009 | February 2009 | March 2009 | April 2009 | May 2009 | June 2009 | December 2009 | January 2010 |

Links

East A | East C | East D |
Alvin | Chenglee | Dennis | Jacq | Pastor Jeff | Pastor Shirley | Jacq | Yiqin |

CHORDS


Click here for all chords!

A

All Day | Assuredly Yours

B

Blessed be your Name | Break Free

D

Deeply in Love | Divine Exchange
Dont pass me by | Draw me close | Dwelling Places

E

Emmanuel | Evermore | Everybody Praise
Everybody praise the Lord | Everyday | Everyday
Everything to me | Everything to me(united) | Everything's alright
Everything's changed | Everytime | Fire Fall Down

F

Follow | Follow the Son | For All You Done
For this Cause | For who you are | Forever
Forever (Hillsongs) | Found | Free
From God above | From the inside out | Give You Praise

G

Give Us Clean Hands | Glorify Your Name | God Has All The Grace And The Power
God is Great | God is Moving | God is the Strength
God is the strength of my heart | God Will Make A Way | Great Awakening
Great In Power | Great Is The Lord | Greater
Greatest Gift | Hallelujah | Have Your Way

H

Hear Our Praises | heart of worship | Here I Am
Here I am to Worship | Hero | Higher_I Believe In You
Highest | History Maker | Holy Spirit Rain Down
Holy spirit touch me from above | Hosanna | How Could I Live Without You
How Great Is Our God | How I Love You | How Much

I

I Adore | I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever | I exalt Thee
I live for Jesus | I Live for You | I Love the Way You Love Me
i Simply Live for You | I Will Bless Your Name | I Will Boast
I Will Pray | I Worship You Almighty God | I'm Forever Yours
I'm Held By Your Love | I've Got The Joy | In Freedom
In Your Hands | Indescribable | Into Thy presence
Into Your presence | It Is A Small Small World | It Is Your Love
It's Your Blood

J

Jesus Come

K

King of Majesty | Kingdom Come | Knocking On The Doors of Heaven

L

Let Everything that has Breathe | Let the Praises Ring | Let the Rain Of Your Presence
Let the Whole World | Let your Spirit Come | Living With You
Lord I Give You My Heart | Lord I Lift Your Name On High | Lord Of All
Lover of My Heart

M

Magnificent> | Majestic | Majesty
Mighty to Save | More | More Than Life
More to See | My Best friend | My God
My Heart, Your Home | My Life is Yours | My Source

N

Need You Here | Need You in My life | No One Like You
No Tomorrow | None But Jesus | Not Ashamed
Nothing Compares | Now that Youíre near

O

O How I Long | Oceans Will Part | One Day
One Desire | One Way | One Way
Only One For Me | Open The Eyes of My Heart | Open Up The Gates

W

When I think About the Lord

Coding/Design: Yours-Tragically